Thursday, March 13, 2014

Audrey's Guest Designer Post #2!

Hi everyone, it’s Audrey, back today with another fun guest designer project for Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps. This time, a cute spring-inspired card featuring the adorable Scalloped Circle & Oval 4- Floral clear stamp set.
AudreyPettit PPRS LittleThingsCardIt has been a really long winter for so many of us this year, and I’m sure I’m not the only one with a touch of spring fever. This stamp set is perfect for satisfying those spring cravings. Those little ducks definitely put me in the mood for longer days, plenty of sunshine, and lots of fun Easter projects, too.
AudreyPettit PPRS LittleThingsCard2
I created my little tag with Prickley Pear’s Flourish Oval Nesting Die. I die cut the tag once from watercolor paper and a second time from patterned paper, trimming off just the bottom portion and layering it onto the stamped layer. Then a bit of lace trim across the middle and decorative stitching and inking around the edges. The sentiment, from the same set, was trimmed into a banner and added to the center.
AudreyPettit PPRS LittleThingsCard3Adhered the tag with pop dots to my card base, pieced from BasicGrey’s Herbs & Honey and Fresh Cut 6×6 paper pads. I used a large transparency frame from the Herbs & Honey collection just below the tag. Love how the smooth texture plays against all the stitching.
After the beautiful weather we had earlier this week, spring cannot come soon enough! Wish we could just go and flip the switch on Mother Nature….sorry, Momma, but we’ve had enough winter. It’s time for lights out! ;)

3 comments:

  1. Looks similar to yesterdays card.. or am I dreaming?? lol! This looks very 'Spring'y... love the ducks :)
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete