Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Tracie's Easter Treat Bag Tutorial!

Easter will be here before you know it so I decided to make up some cute little Easter treat bags for my nieces and nephews. 
 To make these cute little bags you need to cut a piece of designer paper 5" x 6". On the 6" side you will score at 1", 2 3/4", 3 3/4", and 5 1/2".


On the 5" side  Score it at 1" and 4".

Fold on all your score lines.  Cut out the pieces as indicated below.  The side with the 2 flaps is the top.  The other end is the bottom.

 Flip your piece over paper over so the outside of the box shows.  Adhere score tape to the 1/2" side and to the bottom piece.  I find this is the only one you need to put tape on to have your box stick together.
Once you have the box put together, pinch the tops together and I rounded the corners to give it a little extra.  I then punches a hole in the center of the top panel. Decorate the front of your bag any way you want.  I used the Prickley Pear Oval from the Flourish Nesting set which fit perfectly on the front of the box.  I also used Prickley Pear Nibbles Stamp  and Prickley Pear Baby Duck and colored them with my copic markers.  I then cut them out and pop dotted them on to the oval.  The sentiment is Prickley Pear Happy Easter.  These boxes hold 3 of the Hershey's Nugget perfectly.  After filling the box with your chocolates, just put a piece of ribbon through and you have a cute little easter box. 


2 comments: