Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Criss-Cross Card Tutorial with Brenda!



Hello, Brenda here to share a cross cross card with you, I have made a few of these lately  and the pretty shape has proved popular so I thought it I might be a good idea to do a short tutorial with my version.

Stamps used: FF0174 and EE0193 large and small Starburst Daisies, EE0189 Gather Love, CLR037 Fall Leaves and D037 Leaf Dies, Cheery Lynne large flourish die, Graphic 45 DP’s, Seeless Preserves and Mowed Lawn Distress Markers.


I have used a sheet of A4 cardstock scored at 4” intervals across and 5” high, but the sizes can be increased or decreased as you wish, all you need to remember is you must have three equal sized sections across the card. From the waste cut a piece that will be the pull out tag from the folded card.


Cut the two end sections of the card diagonally corner to corner as shown.


Stamp the tag as desired and glue your chosen DP’s onto the reverse of the two outer edges (remember it will be the reverse of the outer sections that will form the front of the closed card) and the central panel. Using a punch or dies make three narrow borders that will fit along the two leading edges and centre section of the card. 


The final fun part is to decorate the tag and front. I do hope you enjoy making this pretty shaped card as much as I do. As always, please do mail me if you have any questions.

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Brenda!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very beautiful Brenda.. thanks for sharing the tutorial..
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card! I love the lace edge and thanks for the how-to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous & I am going to try to make one for a dear friend. If it turns out even half as nice as yours, I will be thrilled! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello. I love this card & am attempting to make it. I must be brain dead but here goes.
    I can't seem to get 3 x 4inch sections out of a A4 cs 8.3 x 11.7 cs
    Should I be using larger size cs?
    Could you explain this to me. I absolutely love the card.
    Thank you very much.
    Rozanne Knight
    rozanne09@hotmail.ca

    ReplyDelete